WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Back Track No. 3 : HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Friday, January 02, 2009

Originally posted at CHISMIS on January 1, 2009.

It is only now that I got the chance to go online. Dec. 31st was a pretty exhausting day for me (I guess, like everybody had).

For this year, we decided to shine away from the usual pasta and lechon all-time fave. We want to have seafood delight this time. At 6am, I found myself making tawad to some vendors of Farmer's Market. Good thing that my two good friends were with me, Avhen and Josh. Otherwise, it's gonna be hell for me carrying all those plastic bags. My brother was yet to arrive that time as he will come along with my mom from Novaliches. Nakakaloka tlaga how prices go up during last minute shopping/marketing. Usually, a kilo of blue marlin will only cost you around P280-P300. I have a suki in farmer's market and when I told him.. "manong, last week ganito ba price nito?" he just smiled. Hmmmm... alam mo na ibig sabihin nun! I got my share of blue marlin for P350/kilo. A kilo of big sized prawns is usually for P500, it was at P600-650 yesterday. Halos ganun din ang price ng crabs. Naloka talaga ako sa taas ng price. Good thing that I already anticipated how price will change during this time of the year. Ang matindi, ung isang plastic ng kikiam (for the pancit) cost me P95! It was just a small bag with 25 pcs in it (I think!). It was around 6:30am when my mom and bro arrived in the area. I had to say goodbye to my two friends as they also got some errands to do. I managed to buy everything that I need because I already have a list and I hardly haggle naman talaga because I want to be home early. I need to rest to recharge my energy for today's activity.

I slept at around 10am and woke up around 5pm. Immediately, me and my helper started to work around the kitchen. We were supposed to have grilled blue marlin kaso marami na kaming grilled items so we just decided to serve it as sashimi. Luckily, we were able to finish everything by 10pm. Mind you, it was ALL ON ME. Madalang pa sa kabilugan ako ng buwan magluto but since its new year today, bawal ang maging tamad. LOL We just waited for the count down. This new year's celebration is pretty significant as this is Terrence's first new year. Yey! Nagulat lang si baby ng magtorot kami ni mama inside the house. Hehehehe. Anyway, I would like to end this post with some pictures taken today. (please excuse the blurry pictures as I only used my phone camera today.)


Mama,Bro, Moi, Terrence, Papa
Leche Flan, Sapin-Sapin (we had malagkit na bibingka and fruit salad too!)


The 12 kinds of fruits. Pakonti-konti lang.. hehehe


Blue Marlin


Singapore's Chili Crab: Patok na patok!


Mixed Seafood Bicol Express: Shrimp, squid, halaan, blue marlin


Buttered Prawns


Star-Studded Pancit


Grilled: Squid, tilapia, hito and porkchop
What did you have for your media noche? :)

posted by ruther @ 3:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com