WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


The Entourage
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Time is ticking so fast. I didn't actually realize that we are nearing the end of September.

I didn't go to work today. Sobrang puyat and haggard since I paid a visit to Divisoria to get a sample of the entourage gown that I asked my dressmaker to make. Mahirap na eh, kelangan ko muna makita ung yari ng gown before I could actually make a deal with them. As much as I wanted to have a couturier do the gown for my female entourage kasi, I am afraid that my budget won't permit that. Besides, I know na madami namang magaling na mananahi sa Divi. One should just be patient enough on finding the right one. Meron din naman kasi na mura nga, palpak naman. I am really not stressing that much for the outfit that my male ento will wear. Yung iba kasi sa kanila eh ipagre-rent na lang namin ng suit.

I was actually happy with how the entourage gown turned out. Secondary sponsors and bridesmaids will wear ALMOST the same type of gown. It is just going to be the maid-of-honor-, my Ate, who will wear and entirely different gown. Shempre,dapat extra special. I have ran a poll here in my blog about the designs that my entourage will wear but due to some reason, napalitan sya. One, it was a pain in the ass for me looking for the textile of those sample gowns. Second, I realized that not all of the are fairly-skinned so magmumukhang negrita ang magsusuot ng orange and red ang morenang abay. And third, we changed our motif from autumn colors to chocolate brown and yellow.

I got home at around 12:30pm and soon as I dropped my bag, I immediately fit the gown and showed to Momcy. Sorry naman for the blurry pic. I just used a cellphone kasi. Mama was so happy about the gown. Simple lang kasi sya. It is something they could use in any function. Hindi katulad ng mga gown ko before that after the wedding eh sa cabinet na lang ang bagsak. Hindi uber-uber sa burloloy plus the fact that the beads that were used were not the chipangga beads, but Japan beads. Yun ung malinaw talaga and parang swarovski na nga ang dating ng beads. I was the one who provided the fabric. A month a go, I was going gaga over what fabric should I use. I really don't want the shiny ones. So after so much contemplation plus some calculation, I ended up buying taffeta. I bought 2 meters of brown and 1 meter of yellow taffeta all for the price of P450 (P150/meter). As for the fee of gown labor, I was able to close the deal with a fee of P550. Kaya ang isang gown eh nasa P1,000 lang. This is actually a huge savings compared sa mga couturier na P2,500 ang minimun charge for a satin or shantung fabric.

As of the gowns of our mommies, shempre di pwedeng Divi. We will have their gowns made by a couturier na talaga. Dapant bongga talaga... LOL

Oh well, my next stop is going to be the tuxedo/suit maker for erpats and Russ. I heard that Kamuning has some great tailoring shops that offer tuxedo/suit at a much lower rate. We'll see. 'Till next update! :)

P.S. I know I have promise one update for last Wednesday. I just couldn't find the time to write an update about it since mejo mahaba ang 'wento. This week end, pramis. I'll post an update about "the office."

Labels: ,

posted by ruther @ 3:20 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9/20/2007 5:32 PM, Blogger PINKisthenewBLACK said…

    ashti!

    naalala ko pala dapat before i ask mr sunga to make my bonggang bonggang attire for you wedding eh makuha ko na ang dapat na kulay na babagay sa iyung motif (tama ba ispeling? hehe)

    siyangapala

    na approve na yung first post ko :-) thanks to you ate! may $20 na ako yahoo!




    call u later ha..mwah!

     
  • At 9/20/2007 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    honga ang lapit na ng 'the day', i was waiting for an update nga eh.. hahahha...

    brown and yellow's nice... ok nga eh, based sa sinukat mo... different from a typical, nakakasawang pink (pink samin eh.. hehehe)

     
  • At 9/20/2007 9:46 PM, Blogger mschumey07 said…

    Ang tiyaga mo. Pareho lang tayo, I took care of my wedding. I wanted it to be perfect. But I preferred a more Filipino motif kaya Barong ang ginamit ko. Matatawa ka as I was the one who designed my wife's gown and left the details to the designer.

    Ang hirap ng ikakasal, ang daming iniintindi. Kung alam lang ng mga bisita mo how you worked so hard to make your wedding perfect. Hope you get enough rest. Ingat.

     
  • At 9/21/2007 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm... 3 months na lang! Hehehehe! pressured na yata ang Lola.

     
  • At 9/22/2007 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a chocolate brown motif is a good color ha. quite unique. can't wait to post ur wedding here in ur site :D

     
  • At 9/22/2007 2:41 PM, Blogger Nyree said…

    Hi Thet! Love reading your wedding updates! Neexcite din ako. makes me remember my pre-wedding days planning and stuff.

    Love the motiff too! Magaan sa mata at the same time elegant pa din! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com