WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Extending A Hand
Monday, January 07, 2008
Few months before my nephew left, his mother (my sister) were talking having Kenneth (my nephew) join a local TV contestfor little boys (That's my boy!). We had such a nice time doing a mock presentation of the candidate together with the talent portion. What astonished me is the fact that when I tried asking the little boy what wish will he have for Christmas, he told us that we wants the "black skinned" people (sorry, he doesn't know how to pronounce Africans) to have lap tops at their school. (By the way, my nephew owns a second-hand lap top that he uses for his computer classes. This was after bugging his mom to buy him a lap top since I won'tallow him to use mine. LOL) What Kenneth answered really surprised me. I mean, how many 6-year old students would really care if children from other country do not have laptops at school? He further told us that children there are dying because of lack of food. When I asked him where did he learn those things, he told us that he watched a cable program, together with his Tito Ton-ton (my only brother) a few days before we did the mock presentation. What my 6-year old nephew struck me and made me think of what I have really done for others.I mean all this time, I have all been thinking about myself. At times, I get envious of other people who can afford all the luxury in the world. As much as I want to help those less(er) fortunate children, I am just one corporate slave who depends on my meager salary to get it through with each month. The only thing I could do is to promote a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the environment and creating sustainable development in Africa and Asia. Try visiting PlanetAid and see what you can do to extend a helping hand to others.

Labels:

posted by ruther @ 1:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com