WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


On Being Just an Ordinary Kid
Sunday, October 21, 2007
My parents showered be with all the things I needed but only a few of what I wanted. At an early age, we were taught what is the difference between necessity and luxury. As such, I grew up working my ass if I wan to get something. For example, when I wanted a Nokia 5110 as a high school graduation gift, they told me that I need to finished my last year as our class' valedictorian. It was kind of so hard for me because I know that I got lazy during the first semester. But thanks to the motivation of getting a Nokia 5110 that I got so motivated on the next semester. Thus, I got the first spot!

Now that I am a part of the working class, I know have to work really had if I wanted to have an out-of-country get away or the wedding of my dream. Unfortunately even if I wanted to pamper myself with lots of things, I can only do much. That is why websites like www.affluentluxury.com, that talk about luxurious things really make me salivate over some things. It lets you know the finest and the hottest things that rich people should go to. It reviews a lot of establishments and enumerates the reason why a resort or a gift will make Paris Hilton say, "That's hot!" As Russell and I talk about our honeymoon plans in Bora, I can help but envy this place: Little Whale Cay.


This is little private island in the Bahamas. This private island that is shaped like a whale spans over 93 acres was developed by Wallace Groves in 1930s. There are just three secluded bungalows which can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests at a time. The island has its own landing strip, private harbor and a sea plane ramp. Now that's what you call privacy and serenity. Oh well. I can do nothing but just shake my head because there is no way that we can afford a luxury vacation like this one. Likewise, we can afford either to have ourselves checked in to 5-tar hotels except for the ones that can be found in the Philippines. As I browse Aflluentluxury.com, I found out that luxury resorts such as Paris Marriott Champs Elysees in Paris, France is one heck of hotel that is on the famous avenue in Paris and it will simply take your breath away. As we talk about luxury gifts that we might receive on our wedding, I once joked that if somebody will sponsor my wedding gown and it will cost the person more than P75k, I will really (with all my might) kick his ass. LOL Having said that, I can't help but go crazy that one wedding dress can actually cost a whooping US $132,902! Wow!

Pictured above is salesgirl showing a wedding dress adorned with 9,999 karats (about two kilograms) of gems at a jewelry store in Shangrao in eastern China’s Jiangxi province. Designed by a famed Hong Kong jewelry designer.

But just like the title of this post, I am just an ordinary kid who needs to be either a small scale business entrepreneur or an 8-hour corporate slave in order to pamper myself with no-so-luxurious things. But hey! I wouldn't mind spending that amount of money which can make me happy provided that I am the DAUGHTER and SOLE HEIR of BILL GATES. LOL
posted by ruther @ 11:28 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10/21/2007 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool post! although you have a link messed up... www.affluentluxury.com points to http://www.sponsoredreviews.com/www.affluentluxury.com

    just noting that for you! :)

     
  • At 10/21/2007 2:44 PM, Blogger ruther said…

    hey dude..thanks for pointing that out. i didn't actually notice it.keen eye!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com