WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Of Deaths and Celebrations
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I initially planned to go to work last night despite of attending my aunt's wake. However, as my Pops relatives arrive one by one I decided not to report for work. Paying my last respect to the aunt who left me with good memories of candies and Christmas is worth over a day of P1,800. It's been a long time since I got the chance to see my cousins and other aunts and uncles. I think it was in 2001 since we last have the UY clan reunion. That was the time when my other aunt, Aunt Susan had her last visit in the Philippines.I suddenly felt guilty because funeral is supposed to be a sad reason for family members to get together. But I felt exactly different when I finally met my long lost cousins and the elders of the Uy clan. It was a very awkward thing for me to discuss my upcoming wedding (something that I never intended to discuss) but since the immediate family members of my late Aunt Nida didn't mind talking about it, I got pretty excited as well. Pops, youngest sibling, Aunt Melvin, will be one of our sponsors together with her husband, Uncle Sammy. All of my Pops relatives who were there promised their presence on my wedding, even those who are living out-of-town. Oh well, I guess, November is going to be a very busy month for Russell and I.On a more serious note, I have stayed by Pops side all through out the day. I am closely monitoring his hyper tension. I was, in fact, afraid that he might collapse upon seeing the sister who helped him during the darkest hours of his life. But I was wrong. Papa has been very brave and he managed to hold back his tears though I can feel his trembling hands. Aunt Nida was thinking of having a reunion again this year despite of her being bedridden because of diabetes. I didn't know that she has been undergoing dialysis treatment for a year already. She told my beautiful cousin, Ate Macel that if she is still alive by Dec. 29 she wants to have a family reunion again. That's one of my aunt's lat wish. Now that she is dead, I don't know if our reunion will be pushed through. I heard though, from Ate Macel that family members are very much willing to gather again especially that the UY brotherhood are now all in the twilight zone of their lives. Me, though it's gonna be Uy-Hernandez on my name tag, I am very excited about this. I don't think that Russell met a single family member from my father side.It's Wednesday now. Later tonight, I will go back to the harsh reality of getting back at the cruel corporate-call center world. LOL The only thing that excites me is that, its only 4 days to go before Russell gets home. Yeeehaaaa!!!

Labels: , ,

posted by ruther @ 7:30 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com