Our company has recently posted job openings in a famous internet jobsite and part of requirements we asked from applicants was to answer a very simple essay question. Sounds simple enough right? Well we got more than we bargained for when we started screening their answers. ( I interview QAS applicants so sometimes, I would make kulit to the HR fwends so sometimes get to peep on the CRS applicants papers Chismosa talaga ang gaga.) Some were straight forward and some were good but most answers made me want to cry (as in cry to death). So here are some choice essays as a tribute to those who are "essay challenged" (essays are posted as IS)
Describe your personal qualities that suit the requirements of this position.
- As the personal qualities to this position the important is to have a fast learner, keen eye for details & analytical information.
- Iam accurate inm y work with an initiative to carry out task outside my job scope. I can analyze mathematica and statistacal complex data and value time management a lot
- Im the typed of person who likes to deal with people.As a psychology major,it really enhance my personality in terms of relating my self to others.Being friendly,also added to my assets as my qualification , ithink i can contribute my knowlege to fast growing economy in our country and i am hardworking person flexible i can do any jov as long as i can
- I think i am suit for this position because of i am a hardworking person and honest. And as a fresh graduate i would like to work in your company as my stepping stone and be a part of your succces.
- Because I'm a fresh graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Studies last April 20, 2005 at the early aged of 19 yrs. old. at the (NAME OF SCHOOL). I'm a Computer literate, fast learner, hard working and initiative person.
- Can be trusted,punctual,hardworking,persistence,resourceful and can easily handle pressure,can easily adjust the system,willing to work long hours or graveyard shift,willing to travel even from north to south, or even overseas from land to sea and willing to be relocate.If hired I will a sure you my honest to goodness my solidness and loyalty to your company.
- I am worth the time... just try me..
I am posting this not to criticize the people who wants to be part of the call center industry but rather, just to create some smile into somebody's frowning face. Isn't this a good stress reliever if you are having a bad day? :)
But on a serious note, if one is applying for a job though online postings, it is very important that we review what we are writing: words that are easy to understand, good grammar and most importantly, answers should be based on what you really are- your credentials, your work experience, your strengths and not answers of hodge-podge information that were written from the job posting. Although I do not believe in this saying 100%, remember that, “First impression lasts.”
Labels: people, work