WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


A Lasting Taste of Vodka
Monday, July 30, 2007
When I was in Yokohama, Japan way back 2004, I was surprised to see that the city has now learned to embrace cultural diversity. Blame it to my grade school history books where I have thought that Japan can be self-sufficient and with this they wouldn't allow other races to penetrate their society. Luckily during my 4-month stay, I didn't experience any form of racial discrimination.

As I help my sister man her small retail store, I met a Russian girl (whose last name I can't pronounce up until this time LOL) with his Filipino boyfriend. I will admit, I was starstruck to her. She got a slender body and she is really beautiful. She looks like a doll with those curly eye lashes. As she became a frequent buyer in our store, Zoya and I managed to build rapport. Though language barrier was really hard, we still tried to talk about some stuff. I was really interested in getting to know her better since it's my first time to meet a Russian girl (heyyYyy! I think I mentioned before that one of my favorite authors is a Russian,
Fyodor Dostovskey.) Her name is Zoya. It was then I learned that she was able to come to Yokohama because a Japanese (online) lover sponsored her travel expenses. She met the guy through a Russian dating website. Yes, she's one of those online Russian Brides. But the life of bed of roses that she was dreaming was actually the worst nightmare that she ever had.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, she is now an illegal alien in Japan. She once told me that all that she wanted was to provide her family with a better life. She doesn't understand why out of those countless Russian dating scammers, it had to be her to meet such kind of maniac. Oh poor Zoya!
Being a part of a dating website wasn't really that easy for Zoya as she would be asked from time to time if she's actually for real or she's just another hoax. Well, she wouldn't blame those people that gets interested with her as she understands that these people just want to find Russian dating scammers, so just no to waste time, energy and MONEY.

After she ran away from her ballistic fiancé, Zoya tried working in a club and that's where he met Kuya G where he was "tencho". That's how their love story began. I am happy though that she found her one great love through a Filipino, she may not be getting the luxury that a Japanese guy could give her but she's happily in love. Kuya G supports her. Sometimes, Kuya G also sends Zoya's parents some money way back home. It's not much but it's enough. At times, when people would say that they admire Russell and I for enduring long distance love affair, I would then turn to Kuya G and Zoya--- for despite of their cultural differences, they still manage to keep the flame of their love alive ;)

Labels:

posted by ruther @ 9:21 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com