WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Wedding Preps Update
Sunday, September 02, 2007
As our wedding is fast approaching, I feel more pressured and stressed about the things we have to accomplished. Call me a freak or paranoid but just like any other brides out there,I just want to get things done and in order as early as possible. This week, I was able to get 2 copies of my baptismal certificate.: one to be submitted to Malate Church and one for Russell in order to get his Certificate of Freedom to Marry. Because Sept. 3 is a US Holiday, I got no work for this day. To take advantage of this off, I will get my authenticated Birth Certificate and CENOMAR from NSO.


Las Thursday, Russell informed me that our brown cocktail napkin has already arrived. It was a 250 pcs. of brown napkin with gold text that he bought from ebay. He immediately sent me pictures about it and boy, I really liked it. The price was a steal considering that we had not just 100 pcs. but 250pcs.

the bundled cocktail napkins

isn't this cute?!

Yesterday, I went to the Bridal Expo held at PICC. Di ko na matandaan pang ilang bridal fair ko na ito but I still enjoy attending bridal fairs. I am not really scouting for any other supplier because we are done looking for vendors. I was there to pay the remaining amount of money I owe to our cake maker, Joy San Gabriel. I was with my ever reliable QAS, Iris and Marcus. We had fun especially around the cake area. We all had fun tasting Joy's cheesecake. It's the best cheesecake I have ever tasted. Ms. Joy was like a star. Super haba ng pila sa booth nya! People really liked not just the look of her cakes but more importantly, its sumptuous taste. We opted not to have the usual fondant cake. Rather, we will be having mini-cakes that will also served as souvenirs for our male guests (err...di naman kasi sila nagtatago ng souvenirs). Double purpose, really practical.

this is how our cake will look like

Oh before I forget, before going to the fair, I was also in Binondo to pay 50% of the amount to our invitation supplier. Unifair's Erwin Tiu is quite popular in w@w as he has already established a reputation of having affordable invites and reliable service. There were quite a number of invites samples so Russell and I had a hard choosing the one. Good thing though that I was able to canvass invitation supplier way months before so I just really went there to make a payment. The design that we chose costs P95 each. Ang laki ng ngiti ko 'coz when I canvassed the same type of invitation (as in carbon copy), QP designs offers it for a walloping P220! Juice ko, juice mo! If beating the scorching heat and ignoring the stinking smell of Binondo means savings of P115, I don't mind being there at all.

daming designs...hirap pumili!

finally, a design of our wedding invites

After going to Binondo (and before heading to PICC), we also went to Manila Pavilion to have an early room reservation for our wedding day preparation. I was able to book 1 night for the Ambassador Suite and 2 nights for the DeLuxe room. The ambassador is really big- I mean just enough with the number of people roaming around the room during the big day. It was sad though that this room does not have wi-fi connection (though the restaurant and lobby have). I was initially thinking of getting Diamond Hotel pero uber-uber mahal na ng Diamond Hotel ngaun. If you will not have your reception there, you will be charged with 2k should you want to take photos on their grand staircase. Nyek! Wag na uy noh! Manila Pavilion is just fine for us. Besides, di naman ako maarte at di ko naman ikakamatay kung walang grand staircase shots. LOL

the receiving area

dining and kitchen area... yeheEeE! pedeng magluto...

the huge king-sized bed.. LOL kaya nga king size eh

Today, Momcy and I will go to Hizon's to pay 50% of what we owe them. We will settle the remaining amount when Russell comes on October 15. I want Russell to get involved with the details and share his thought na rin on how he would like to have our reception ambiance will feel.

HayYyyY... It was quite a tiring day for me. Tiring yet fulfilling. (,")

Labels:

posted by ruther @ 1:26 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9/04/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello Thet!Ü

    Cute ng make-up mo nung bridal fair ha?! Meron ka na ba HMUA?

    Thanks for sharing the photos...dahil dito, I'm decided na to get Manila Pavillion...gayahin ko na rin yung room number mo since may connected na deluxe room...wehehehe (gaya-gaya).

    Btw, i have an invitation for you for my wedding. punta kayo nila camz ha?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com