WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Meet my Other Half
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
For a while, I have been posting some wedding related stuff. There were quite a few who were anxious enough to ask me "Who is the (un)lucky guy?" so here he goes...


Name: Russell Hernandez
Birthday: December 3, 197*
Height: 5"8
Hair: Brown
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
College: De La Salle University, CLA

In a nutshell, we met through a dating website 6 years ago. I was trying to mend a broken heart (that has been going one for a year and a half already during that time). Russell, on the other hand, has just been on a recent break up (though he divulged that information months after we officially became "WE"). He was (and still) in L.A and I was a senior business major student. At first, I didn't take our relationship seriously. I just thought that it would be just for the "meantime" relationship. I am bored anyways so might as well try something new and exciting. I was afraid to fall in love again back then. After the earth-shattering heartbreak that I had with my first boyfriend over some stupid-freaking reason(who was also from U.P), I wasn't sure if I am ready to be in a commitment, to be in a serious relationship. I never thought that this "meantime boy" will change my life forever.

While most people believe that there are lotsa-lotsa jerks out there in the cyberspace (which by the way, I wont dare to refute), I took the risk of investing so much effort,time and emotions in our 5-year-course relationship. I am not sure. Maybe you call it instinct, maybe serendipity. What ever one might call it, I don't care. All I care about is that in spite of my shortcomings, Russell still loves me. I have shown him the worst of me. I have this policy that
"If you can't accept me at my WORST, you don't deserve me at my BEST." Luckily, he embraced all my imperfections.


One of Russell's goofing moments...hehehe cute-cute pa din noh?!

Russell brings out the best in me. Before, I hate waiting (well, I still am...LOL). But who can say that I have not been patient enough with 5 years of long distance relationship? For the longest time, I would be just contented with his yearly vacation. Vacations that are actually too short to make up for the lost times.

When I tell people that I met my fiancé through a dating website and that we have been surviving a long distance relationship, only one reaction would register to their face-- Is that for real? Oh yeah, I am telling you baby that we are for real. But hey, I don't say that being into this kind of relationship would always be a bed of roses.

Sure, there will lots of fights, arguments and misunderstanding. We experienced (and still experiencing those). There were times that I wanna give up. But when I find myself in solitude, I can't help but miss him...wish that we were never apart. Sometimes, I wish that L.A is just a Cavite_Q.C route where we could get to see each other from time to time. hayYyYyyyy... 3 months still seems forever for me.


Does this poster looks familiar to you? Hehehehehe!---One of Russell's playful creations. This is the image that will welcome you when you visit our wedding website.

I guess, there isn't really any formula in finding the "right one". If it's time, destiny will just knock on your door. You don't have to look for it.

To my baby, thanks for making me realize that life is indeed beautiful. That in every storm, there is a rainbow that will make me realize that good things will always be there out of bad days. Thank you for making me feel how wonderful it is how to love and to be loved. I'm running out of words to say how grateful I am to God for having you in my life. I guess, a simple THANK YOU will say it all. I may not the perfect wife that you would expect but I promise I'll do my best. See you soon baby! :)

Labels: ,

posted by ruther @ 6:18 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 7/17/2007 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice poster!! Russ is good at this stuff! akala ko si Vince V. lang na edit nya, pati pala si Jen... hehehe..

    Honestly, isa ako sa nag react na 'is that for real?'... proved us wrong.

    You two make a bagay couple.. Congrats!

    regards,

     
  • At 7/18/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger macy said…

    love the poster! galing.

     
  • At 7/18/2007 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    weeeee!
    naks naman!
    you are both lucky to have each other! God Bless!

     
  • At 7/18/2007 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    potang gwapo ng unang pic! lol

     
  • At 7/19/2007 4:13 AM, Blogger Virginia said…

    wow ate kakasal ka na pala?!

    congrats! thanks nga pla sa greeting!!!

     
  • At 7/19/2007 4:48 AM, Blogger ♥ mommy author ♥ said…

    waahhhhh!!!! ang sweeeetttt!!!! :) panalo ever ang love story nyo ateng! :)

     
  • At 7/25/2007 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the poster. congrats, you're getting married na pala.

    i can so relate to this post. paano kasi "my boo" is leaving for new york on august 2 and he's gonna stay there to accompany his mom to chemo and he's gonna prepare na rin for the us board for physicians.. syet, long distance din ito!

    all's well that ends well. god bless =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com