WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Will my gown fit me?
Monday, July 23, 2007
"I will not fit the gown, the gown will fit me!"

This was the mantra of one of my fellow bride-to-be's at a local wedding forum where I am subscribed to.

But really, one of the most perennial issues brides like me have to confront everyday is watching our diet in order to fit our gowns. Some would opt for a fast but not so safe way of losing weight- that is taking diet or slimming pills... EwWww! I have tried one before but then again my body reacted twice the intensity that it should. I looked like more of than a "meth dependent" rather tha being sexy. Besides, I don't wanna risk my health with a few months of being slender.

Every time my girl and gay friends and I would dine out somewhere, I would always face the dilemma of "calorie counting."

I remember watching a koreanovela (I'm not sure if it was Kim Sam Soon) where the lead actress would always have her diet book and a handy calculator. She would seriously take down notes of the nutritional content of what she's eating. If she finds out that what she is eating is way beyond her target calorie intake, she would gladly consult her handbook for better food choices. These served as her calorie counter.

Technology is indeed a powerful tool in making the new generation's life even more convenient. Unlike before where you have to manually do a journal of your diet, there are lots of free calorie counter nowadays. I tried subscribing to one but later on the process of registration, it asked for my credit card number. Being the frugal chick that I am, I would never pay for something if I know I could have it for FREE. hehehehehe!

Oh well, I am just crossing my fingers that I will have the 25inch waist-line that the dressmaker took when our body measurements were taken.

Labels: ,

posted by ruther @ 9:10 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com