WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense.

 
About this blog
No Holds Barred: A compilation of rants, raves, movie and book reviews, R & R escapades, relationships, office workloads, and stories to ponder. For this year, this is also going to be our wedding blog. Updates and Review on Wedding Suppliers will posted here...Honeymoon experience and other escapades will also be posted.
The Face Behind this Blog

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stay Connected

Blogroll Me!

Holler Me Back!!!


Going under the knife
Saturday, July 21, 2007

My sister who delivered a beautiful baby girl last April has been thinking for a while now of getting a liposuction due to the excess fats that she gained during her pregnancy. She knows that having a liposuction can be quite expensive but it is going to be even more expensive if she is going to have the operation done in Tokyo.


I was hoping from one cable channel to another where I stumbled upon a Hollywood TV-magazine program (can’t remember if it was Oprah or The Tyra Banks Show) where the topic being discussed was going “under the knife.” My sister and I became curious so we stayed tune on that program. On that show, we were formally introduced to the world of getting plastic surgery.” While watching the show, I can’t help but think of some surgical experience here in Manila that went bad due to doctor’s malpractice. Quite scary eh?! Going back to the show, a doctor explained how tummy tuck is different from liposuction. In liposuction, as the doctor illustrated, this procedure will get rid those excess fats in your body BUT, it will leave excess skin (yikes! I hate seeing sagging skin!). In tummy tuck procedure, fats will be removed and after that, a process of removing the excess skin will be done to augment the removal of those stubborn pockets of fats. The way the doctor explained the process was pretty simple yet it was still informative. Aside from boosting one’s self-confidence, having abdomioplasty can also benefit a patient’s health. The program showed some pictures of sagging skin that have been infected with fungus--- a problem suffered by those patients who took bariatic surgery. As having tummy tuck equates to having a skin removal process, you can be assured of that while getting the high self-esteem you need; your health will not be at risk. The program also had some guests who were proud to show their “Los Angeles Tummy Tuck.” I guess, when you say Los Angeles Tummy Tuck, only the best plastic surgeons will be there to get the operation done for you.


Since the “nose” is typically the most prominent feature in a person’s face,
I, on the other hand, has been conscious enough of my nose that I am thinking, “When I get the moolah, I’m gonna have that rhinoplasty procedure!” LOL Kidding aside, I have always envy some of my “mestiza” girlfriends for having the proportion nose (frontal and profile views). Seriously though, I am not that confident when we take pictures because I know that my nose is not that "proportion" Oh well, I am not sure if going under the knife in the name of being “beautiful” is my cup of tea, but who knows? I am not closing my doors… :)


Labels: ,

posted by ruther @ 7:20 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7/25/2007 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whew! just the thought of going under the knife scares the living s*** out of me, remember those cases where a surgery has gone bad, I think real beauty is how you feel inside, sometimes people just resort to plastic surgery just to please other people, an, if that is the reason, then your not doing it for yourself but for others...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
// Start hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com var data = '&r=' + escape(document.referrer) + '&n=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&p=' + escape(navigator.userAgent) + '&g=' + escape(document.location.href); if (navigator.userAgent.substring(0,1)>'3') data = data + '&sd=' + screen.colorDepth + '&sw=' + escape(screen.width+'x'+screen.height); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); // End hit counter code for BlogPatrol.com // -->
About Me
Name: ruther
Home: Ontario, Canada
About Me: *25-something faggot *proud pinay *business degree imbecile *iskolar ng bayan *former student activist *call center quality assurance supervisor* former DELL computer technician* *prefers grave yard shift rather than day shift job *doesn't drink nor smoke *koreanovela sucker *lead guitarist *internet-holic *bossa nova aficionado *KFC extreme hot shots lover *imago's fan *sydney bristow apprentice(wish!) *gil grissom struggling student(talk about being geek!) *jack bauer's love interest(another wish!) *michael scofield's savior(get real!)* avid follower of jerry bruckheimer *soon-to-be-bride of a very wonderful groom.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tambayan
I DISCLOSE
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

© 2006 WHEN THET SPEAKS: Unbounded.Uncensored.Unsuppressed.No Rules.No Non-Sense. .Template by Isnaini Dot Com